Saturday, November 22, 2008

Recovery!

Today's first lesson was a huge relief to me. Why? Simply because the student showed up for his lesson. This student has been having an alarming amount of heart complications recently. When he doesn't show up for a lesson I know it's one of two things: He is in the hospital getting some sort of proceedure done or... I don't want to think about it. But, as I said he showed up to the lesson today and I was glad to see he was alright.

After checking his one point I decided to use some Smith's Routine questions to find out about his condition. As it turns out as of Monday this past week the treatment he had been undergoing finally resulted in a successful recovery! I was really glad to hear it. He had been going to the hospital nearly every day for emergencies but he told me it's been almost a week since he's needed to go. What a relief!

After the question and answer review we moved on to an item where we discussed bad habits using Gerunds and Infinitives. The mood of the lesson was extremely light and carefree. We had a lot of laughs. We finished off with a new one point and I bid him farewell. At the end of the lesson I said, "See you next week." He responded "Yup, see you then." I was glad that for the first time in weeks i could believe with out worry that he really will be here.

No comments: