Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Long time no see.

Today I'm cover for another teacher who requested the day off so I'm here earlier than usual. The best news there is that I get to meet up with some students that I haven't seen in a long time. 2 students actually. They expressed that they were really surprised and happy to see me after such a long time. I felt good about that. After getting reacquainted a bit and calming down we did a review of last weeks one points. I like have each student take a shot at making an example sentence from the other students one point, even if they haven't seen it before. They usually get a pretty good idea from the example provided by the student who learned it in class last week. If not, I lend a hand.

After that went continued on to an Item which was perfect for pair work. They asked and answered each others questions while I listened to pronunciation or grammar errors. Once they seemed to have the hang of it, I added a few expansive questions so they could be more open ended in their answers. We also did some practice with the questions from routine 1 in order to give them a review.

This was a fun lesson and the time went by rather quickly since every one was in such high spirits. Before we knew it, it was already time for the one point! They came up with some examples on the spot which I was pleased about. I asked them to also come up with a new sentence for next week and bid them farewell. Hope to see them again soon!

No comments: