Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prepostions

When I saw the names of the students in my 7pm schedule the other day, I had just the perfect lesson plan for them.

After we reviewed the one point from the previous lesson, I wrote down on the board " Where is the pencil?", placed my pencil under the lesson plan folder, and asked the question. Once I got the right answer, I moved on to write down the 12 commonly used prepositions on the white board, asked the two pink students to translate them into Japanese for me in order to check comprehension, and then proceeded to page 16 of the activity book, where students had to answer where the different cats were using the pre-taught prepositions.

Since they both had done this lesson once a year ago and they went through the first activity pretty easily, I decided to challenge them with practice 2, picture dictation. It turned out that this was their first time to do this activity, and when I explained what was required from them, they both looked very enthusiastic. We had great fun with drawing the pictures and I was surprised how good both of them were at drawing! Plus they got most of the prepositions right!!

I then moved on to the routine part of the lesson, did a review of shopping 1 with the two girls, and finished our class with a one-point: I prefer (a) to (b) because (c).

No comments: